A member of our dart family is on the transplant list

If you have a post that doesn't fit under any of the categories, post it here.

Moderator: Moderator

diamond
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

A member of our dart family is on the transplant list

Post by diamond » Tue Jul 30, 2013 2:27 pm

Many of you know Jim and Sandy Morris. For those of you who don't know them, let me give you a little background. Jim and Sandy were instrumental in founding our dart league. They were there in the beginning and the early days and they are a big part of the reason we have a league today. They now reside in Myrtle Beach and they host the annual Ghost on the Coast dart tournament.

Sandy was recently added to the transplant list for a new liver. Transplantation surgery is terribly expensive and Jim and Sandy could really use our help. We plan to have a few benefit blind draw tournaments to help ease their financial burden. I hope we can count on each one of you to contribute to this worthy cause.

We will announce when and where the events will be held shortly. In the meantime, please keep Sandy and Jim in your prayers.

Later,
Diamond

diamond
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by diamond » Fri Aug 02, 2013 3:10 pm

Update on the benefit blind draw. Mike Kitterman at Midway Tavern has graciously offered to host the blind draw at Midway Tavern to benefit Sandy and Jim Morris. We'll hold the tournament Tuesday August 20th (that's the Tuesday before the fall league starts). Signups will close at 7:30 and we'll start the tournament by 8:00. We will have at least 7 dartboards hung, so the event should run pretty quickly. So arrive before 7:30 if you want to play!

Please note the money we raise will go to a very worthy cause. We may have some donated items to raffle off and Gregg Brenner has a new WCDA licence plate design that we'll be selling for the benefit. We'll be playing for fun and fellowship this time, not prize money.

Later,
Diamond

JackieQ555

Post by JackieQ555 » Tue Aug 06, 2013 12:01 pm

I'll be there for sure!! Our league always rallies around those in need! Everyone that can possibly come out, please do! Thank you Mike Kitterman for hosting this very important benefit tournament. Even if you can't come out, please donate any amount you can to help Sandy out..she is a very wonderful lady and Jim loves her so much! :)

diamond

Post by diamond » Tue Aug 20, 2013 9:10 pm

Brenner-man texted me a little while ago and said we had raised around $800.00 so far for Sandy Morris. thank you all for your help. I'm sorry I was unable to attend tonight, my father in law was moved into the hospice wing at the VA hospital yesterday. So naturally I was there with my family. So far he's hanging on, but it's just a matter of time.

A big thank you to Gregg Brenner, Tim Hill, and Dave Roberts. They picked up my slack. I'm sure there were others who helped, so thank you as well.

I hope this helps our great friends Sandy and Jim Morris. A lot of love went into this effort.

Thank you WCDA members,
Diamond

diamond

Post by diamond » Tue Aug 20, 2013 9:15 pm

Latest update we just hit $1,000.00 for Sandy!!!

Later,
Diamond

JAM

Post by JAM » Wed Aug 21, 2013 10:00 am

Led, we are saddened to hear about your situation. I hope all is as good as it can be. We're thinking of you & yours.....Jim & Sandra

ritzled

Post by ritzled » Wed Aug 21, 2013 10:27 am

Without a doubt it was a night that the Darters & friends of the WCDA stood up to be counted when they were needed. It was a great night for a great cause!!!! I am proud to call all of you my friends. (even you Sherlock & Ant-man)...lol..... the official total received will go in the books as $1001 ( the total will be more when all is collected)

diamond

Post by diamond » Wed Aug 21, 2013 2:52 pm

Thank you Jim, my father in law, Larry Justus passed away this morning around 10:00. While he will be sorely missed, he's in a better place now. Thank you to all of my dart family for stepping up when I couldn't be there.
Diamond

anthony

Post by anthony » Thu Aug 22, 2013 3:22 pm

Im sorry for ur loss dave. Thought n prayer yur way
no games- just darts

diamond

Post by diamond » Tue Aug 27, 2013 10:05 am

I received an e-mail from Jim yesterday, and it's posted below:

I don't remember who all I may have spoke with so I'll try it this way. We got the call on Friday AM. Sandra had the liver transplant Friday PM. Was in surgery about 7 hours. In ICU until Sunday night. Moved to step-down room then. Came through surgery OK. Some complications but the team has been dealing with them methodically. She is getting stronger daily so far. Was up in a chair awhile today (Mon). Down the hall at the nurses desk they have a bell hanging. It is in honor of the organ donors. When a patient is able to get up and walk they can ring that bell. Sandra made it & rang it the first time we got her up! All the folks that work the unit were clapping & yeehawing. Me too! What a gal! Thanks to all of you that have called & for all the prayers & support. We hope to see all of you soon as we can. We've still got a good way to go but I've got faith in her! Thanks again, Jim & Sandra

The message says it all.
Diamond

absolute

Post by absolute » Tue Aug 27, 2013 1:54 pm

Oh man...this brought a tear of joy to my eye....so happy to hear the good news!!!

cam

Post by cam » Thu Aug 29, 2013 4:07 pm

"Love You Guys" Wonderful News

JAM

Post by JAM » Sun Sep 22, 2013 1:23 pm

Well, one month & 1 day today since Sandra had the liver transplant. It's been a long one....We're still in Charleston. They removed the feed tube today......Maybe the stitches tomorrow, & if they do; maybe home for a few days! Thanks to everyone for all the kindness & support. Mental & otherwise....Hope to see everyone as soon as possible.
We're still kicking......Again, God bless ya'll...........Jim & Sandra

diamond

Post by diamond » Mon Sep 23, 2013 9:59 am

Great news Jim, please keep us in the loop and let us know when you get to go home.

Later,
Diamond

JAM

Post by JAM » Tue Sep 24, 2013 7:24 am

We are HOME (Yeehaw) for a few days. Local tests for awhile then back in Charleston Oct. 7....Thanks for all good wishes......Jim & Sandra