New rules set for spring 2013

If you want to ask the officers a question, you can post it here

Moderator: Moderator

diamond
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

New rules set for spring 2013

Post by diamond » Wed Jul 25, 2012 2:40 pm

I see the number of teams in a particular division will be capped at 8. So if for example we have 13 teams sign up for A division, 5 of them will be told they have to play in B? I wonder how many of them will simply quit instead of dropping down a division.

I also noticed only 18 people voted for the position of vice president. I think we need to move the elections back to the spring banquet. Thank you to those who were able to attend the meeting, however it's obvious we don't have the attendance at a separate meeting as we have at the spring banquet.

Also don't our bylaws specify a minimum percentage of the league membership be present to have a quorum?

Later,
Diamond

Michael
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by Michael » Thu Jul 26, 2012 7:12 am

3. QUORUM At all meetings of the WCDA, half of the Executive Committee and team captains or team representatives in good standing shall make a quorum.

Dave all teams had to turn in their rosters at this meeting meaning all team captians or a rep. of that team had to be presant, All officers were there for elections.

There were 13 rosters turned in.

All other votes there were 24 votes, my question would be why did only 18 vote for the VP position?

Thanks,
Mike

diamond

Post by diamond » Thu Jul 26, 2012 1:57 pm

Apparently several people abstained from voting. If only 13 rosters were turned in what happened to the other half of the league?

Later,
Diamond

Michael

Post by Michael » Fri Jul 27, 2012 6:59 pm

They must not be playing.

6 in A

7 in B

Thats the number of teams per division that rosters were turned in.

I know that Jack or Hearts called in their roster, so 1 team was not presant.

Rob / Stacey have you received any late rosters?

Thanks,
Mike

diamond

Post by diamond » Fri Jul 27, 2012 7:25 pm

That's a precipitous drop and very disconcerting. We had 10 more full teams in the spring league. Have last year's team captains been contacted regarding the fall season? It's uncommon to have a smaller fall league than our spring league. Come on league members post up your opinions.

Later,
Diamond

Michael

Post by Michael » Sun Jul 29, 2012 11:05 am

7 A Teams

10 B Teams

diamond

Post by diamond » Tue Jul 31, 2012 8:23 am

Well it looks like we will be a little light on teams this fall. I realize everyone has a reason for not playing this fall, but what else do you have to do on a Tuesday night? Remember you can't get beat if you don't compete.

To those of you who are not playing we'll miss you, and to those of you who are playing this season shoot well!!!

Later,
Diamond

JackieQ555

Post by JackieQ555 » Mon Aug 06, 2012 8:41 am

It is very disappointing to have OUR league get small and small each season instead of bigger and better!

We need more member communication:
1. Signs at bars with VP phone number a month ahead of the roster date
2. Phone calls to members before banquets, meetings and league start dates (at the very least phone calls to captains so they can call their team members)
3. Postcards to members letting them know about upcoming events. I understand we get mail return, but I think the benefit outweighs the small expense.

Any other ideas??? Feel free to address this issue to help build our league back up!!!

diamond

Post by diamond » Mon Aug 06, 2012 1:33 pm

Great post Jackie!!! The league is well established and we have many long time members, but we always need new players.

I've heard from some folks we are an exclusive group and it's hard to get into the inner circle. That's a load of crap as far as I'm concerned. I've welcomed every new player I've met and so have many other members. Sometimes we hear the same people win in A division each year, but those are the dedicated players willing to take time to practice. How many of you only pick up their darts on Tuesday nights?

We had several new players in the money league this year and we hardly advertised at all.

So I challenge each member to bring someone new into the league for the spring season. The MANGLERS have committed to break the team up and form new teams if necessary.

We do need better communication within the league. Every member with computer access needs to have access to the forum and we need more posts from our board members.

So let's have some response from our members. How can we grow the league and make it better?

Later,
Diamond

Dartchick

Post by Dartchick » Tue Aug 07, 2012 8:18 am

Thank you Dave and Jackie for your comments. I totally agree we ALL have to get involved in the League and promote it as much as possible...or guess what?..... there isn't going to be one.

A couple of things:

1. Rob, Brian and myself met this pass weekend to discuss issues with the League and came up with some great ideas. I'm greatly looking forward to the board this season. We have some much needed energy. Posters is something that you will be seeing this season, they will be coming soon.

2. I did call all the captain's prior to the banquet to remind them. I agree that we need to call each captain and remind them of up coming events, then it is the captain's responsibility to communicate back to their team.

3. What would everyone's interest be in having a blind draw on Sunday evening? Let's us know and maybe we can get one start on Sunday's around 7:00 p.m.

I have spoken to a number of members that aren't on the League this season and it really doesn't have a lot to do with the League just personal commitments. We have a small League this season and this too will pass. But where are the past presidents and why aren't they playing? Look around and look who has moved from the area, it quite shocking.

The Board is open to any ideas and suggestions, please let us know what's on your mind.

I am looking forward to the Fall Season! I hope everyone shoots well and has lots of fun. See ya around!

Stacey
:D

mahesh

New Rules Set For Spring 2013

Post by mahesh » Tue Aug 07, 2012 9:34 am

Sunday evening blind draw around 7:00 p.m, Is Good Like Old Times At Macs.

Bonnie
Site Admin

Post by Bonnie » Wed Aug 08, 2012 11:55 am

I agree with all of Jackie Quayle's suggestions. Elections need to be moved back to the banquet and postcards should be mailed out about 2 weeks before to ALL members reminding them of the banquet and elections. This has been done this in the past and it DOES get the best results. The elections part of the meeting wasn't advertised on the Web site or Facebook until I mentioned it. It's a shame only 27 people voted for officers. We may have to change the requirements for a quorum when it comes to elections because this is unacceptable.

Bonnie
Site Admin

Post by Bonnie » Wed Aug 08, 2012 12:18 pm

I have a question. Why was the meeting / elections held on a Saturday? Saturdays are very hard during the summer for people with all the family activities and vacations. Why wasn't it held on a Tuesday night when most people already keep that night open for darts? If it had been on a Tuesday night, I would have been there.

Dartchick

Post by Dartchick » Wed Aug 08, 2012 4:18 pm

I'm confused....the banquet is held on a Saturday. Bonnie are you suggesting that we have the banquet/meeting on Tuesdays? Also, during the summer there are Cash Leagues/Blind draws operating on Tuesdays. But if the League members think that there would be a better turn out to have meetings held on Tuesdays, then let's make a motion and VOTE on it. Oh but, we need to make sure that everyone shows up to vote.

We tried having the banquet separate from the business side, it hasn't gone too well this season, but it did last Fall. But how else would we have known that it wouldn't work if we didn't try. I'm sure that this will be a topic of discussion at our next board meeting. If members aren't happy with the "ones running" the show, then come to the meetings and vote for your board!

"Unacceptable" is harsh words for those of of us who put countless hours into the meeting. (Past board members, you know the work that goes into the meetings). We greatly appreciated everyone that showed up. The meeting lasted about an 1 1/2 hours, not too much to ask members for an hour and half of their time, when the Board members put in WAY more than that.

If memory serves me correctly, it was posted on the WCDA website at the bottom when the General Assembly would be held just not where it would be taken place - location to be announced. Yes, Bonnie, thank you for the suggestion of adding that ELECTIONS were taken place at the meeting, a small oversite that wasn't intentionally done.

It seems to me, that there is a lot of finger pointing. I have seen some great suggestions and the board is listening.

Stacey

diamond

Post by diamond » Wed Aug 08, 2012 4:39 pm

Thank you all for your posts, but let's not try to blame anyone. The current board is made up of duly elected members who are willing to serve. I've heard the angry words before like, "if Dave Ledford raises his hand to vote then so will many others". If some people vote the same way I do that's their business. So it's not the same group running the show, if some of you want change then run for office.

Unacceptable is a harsh word, but in this case it is appropriate. It's unacceptable for so few member to show up for a meeting. There was plenty of notice given. I don't think the term was directed at the board.

It's true some of our members don't have easy access to the internet, but that number is shrinking. I check out the message board daily and so should every active member with access. There's also no excuse for not having a log in so you can comment. There's even a link with instructions on how to sign up.

I think having the general assembly meeting separate from the banquet was a great idea, but apparently we'll have a better turnout if we hold it at the banquet. I plan to discuss some ideas with the board to help streamline the process.

Any of you who have served on the board know it is a thankless job, but it is appreciated by many. Let's have constructive ideas posted so we can grow the league.
Diamond