Fall 2012 Banquet

If you want to ask the officers a question, you can post it here

Moderator: Moderator

diamond
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by diamond » Wed Dec 26, 2012 12:46 pm

Asking about a banquet date during the season is not silly. We've had years when the banquet date was printed on the schedule, with location to be announced. So it was not an unusual question.

It's also not unreasonable to expect a prompt answer on our official message board. While it's true many members follow the league on Facebook, several others do not belong to Facebook, and depend on this site. I check this site and our Facebook page daily. Good communication is key.

Later,
Diamond

Bryonfos
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by Bryonfos » Wed Dec 26, 2012 5:22 pm

Facebook is an additional tool, but ALL league info SHOULD BE POSTED AND ADDRESSED HERE!

BRIAN CAPPS

Post by BRIAN CAPPS » Fri Dec 28, 2012 12:42 am

I apologize for not checking this thread more often!!! Peter answered when we knew the date, I posted when I had all the details!!! Check out my general dart talk post.

diamond

Post by diamond » Sun Jan 13, 2013 9:33 am

The banquet was a blast. A big thanks goes out to the board members who made it happen. Great food and prizes made it fun. The Skill Shot and Balloon Board were a ton of fun.

We still had a much lower turnout for the meeting compared to the banquet attendance. I suggest next time we serve the food and have the meeting and awards while everyone is eating. Especially since the next time we'll be electing most of the board members.

Charlie ran a great blind draw. Even though I hate double elimination, it was well run and he kept people playing. Nancy and I won the tournament and the mystery out!

So for those of you who couldn't attend, you missed a great time!

Later,
Diamond

Bonnie
Site Admin

Post by Bonnie » Mon Jan 14, 2013 12:08 pm

diamond wrote: We still had a much lower turnout for the meeting compared to the banquet attendance. I suggest next time we serve the food and have the meeting and awards while everyone is eating. Especially since the next time we'll be electing most of the board members.
I agree with you Dave! I had a good time too and It was great seeing everyone but I was sad to see how many members chose to skip the business meeting at 11 a.m. and just show up for the banquet at 1 p.m. There were a lot of people there that could've come earlier to vote and particpate in the decision making of the WCDA. Now I see why the officers get frustrated. The officers did a great job to keep the meeting moving along and running smoothly. Also, kudos to Allstars, Ken & his mom, for the awesome food! ~ Bonnie